Episode 1: What impressions does outgoing Wikimedia CEO, Katherine Maher, take with her
On the 23rd of April 2021, this episode launched WikiAfrica Hour. Episode 1 features WikiAfrica Hour host, Ceslause Ogbonnaya's interview with Katherine Maher (https://www.linkedin.com/in/krmaher), the former Wikimedia CEO. They discuss her journey through Wikimedia and her impressions of and hopes for Africa's Wikimedians.
Show highlights include:
- Question 1: What led you to join the movement?
- Question 2: What are the benefits you derived through your journey in the movement?
- Question 3: What are the highlights of your tenure as CEO? The things you’re most proud of?
- Question 4: What do you hope to see in the future, in respect to the Movement Strategy 2030?
- Question 5: You’ve been supportive of Africa’s wikimedians ever since. What was the experience like attending the first WikiIndaba in 2014, WikiIndaba 2017 in Ghana, WikiIndaba 2018 in Tunisia and Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa?
- Question 6: What would you like the say to African Wikimedians?
- Question 7: What can you suggest to African Wikimedians as regards Community Board Seats and UCoC?
- Question 8: If you had one message for Wikimedians around the world, what would it be?
- Question 9: What is next for you?