Wikimania 2021 and WikiIndaba 2021 are great wiki events that people have great expectations for, reason being that they both are set to go on record as the first ever virtual editions of such events, no thanks to COVID-19 pandemic.
For the fourth edition of Wiki Africa Hour: WikiEvents unpacked, Ceslause Ogbonnaya had guests from Wikimania Steering Committee, the Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team and the WikiIndaba 2021 Core Organizing Team.
The Wikimania Steering Committee was represented by Iolanda Pensa, Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team was represented by Antoni Mtavangu, (In charge of the Wikimania 2021 Pre-conference), Winnie Kabintie (In charge of Communications), Yamen Bousrih (Incharge of session submissions), and Gnangara Lake, (In charge of scholarships). The WikiIndaba 2021 Core Organizing Team was represented by Geoffrey Katerrega (In charge of Communications and publicity), and Alice Kibombo (Project lead).
- Iolanda Pensa was invited to shine light on the role of the Wikimania Steering Committee, the membership and how Wikimania venues are chosen
- Antoni Mtavangu was invited to highlight on what the 2021 Wikimania pre-conference would have achieved, lessons and advice for future pre-conference organizers
- Winnie Kabintie was invited to share the communications strategy and expectations for the Wikimania 2021
- Yamen Bousrih was invited to talk of the vetting process for session submissions and the selection criteria
- Gnangara Lake was invited to explain the Wikimania 2021 scholarship strategy
- Geoffrey Katerrega was invited to share the scope of communications for the very first virtual WikiIndaba
- Alice Kibombo was invited to share the aims, objectives and expectations for the very first virtual WikiIndaba
The episode 4 was aired live on the 30th July 2021 at 16:00 UTC and was hosted by Ceslause Ogbonnaya. You can watch this episode below.
WikiAfrica Hour is activated by Wiki In Africa in support of Wikimedia usergroups across the WikiAfrica movement. The initiative is funded by the Wikimedia Foundation.